Why are you voting down?

I thought that voting down was a way for us to mark those post we thought were rude or inappropriate, but I'm thinking I might be wrong as I've seen several posts marked down that the person was just expressing an unpopular opinion in a polite manner. How are you using the vote down button?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How ever I see fit at the moment. Whether for bad advice, rudeness or even a very unpopular narrow opinion. only get one vote per answer and not many votes total to use, so...I am not make such a huge impact. I don't care really, I have been voted down and up plenty.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i havent used it yet. i havent had a reason to.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I vote down when I see an answer that is either rude, inappropriate, or careless in regards to children.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• When someone is being rude.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'll vote down if I think it is bad advice, like someone suggesting they put rice cereal in baby's bottle to get them to sleep through the night. That old wives tale has got to go, it is not good for the baby.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I haven't used it yet, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion unless they are being rude and bluntly insensitive to the OP then I might consider.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i have had doctors tell me to put cereal in a bottle to help sleep...so maaaybe maggie, you should let whoever it is do what they please, unless all the doctors and people i have spoke to are wrong...and you are the only right one. Since when is giving rice cereal to a baby BAD? It's not...whether its from a spoon or from a bottle who cares? People are so much drama
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 5:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• and FYI if i had the option to vote down..i would be voting you down right now Maggie!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 5:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I only use it when it seems to me that the poster is being rude or bitchy. But what may seem rude to me may seem just fine to another. That's why some don't understand why someone was voted down. It just didn't seem bad to them. It's just like the vote up, it's all the opinion of the voter. I have plenty of points, being voted down doesn't bother me :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• lol at the vote downs above, that's a reason to vote someone down I guess

Someone being overly emotional and rude
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2010