CUTLERY!!!! AAACK!

I'm moving this week, and I recently realized that I HAVE NO CUTLERY! I've been using my mom's, but now I need some of my own. I'm bouncing around between brands, but I still don't know what to get. I've looked online, and I'm kind of leaning toward a Ginsu set (LOVE the Santoku knife!), or maybe Chicago Cutlery. Have any of you ladies owned either of these, and do you have suggestions?

Two requirements that I have:
1. Steak knives must be included
2. Must have a full length tang (the metal of the blade that extends into the handle)

And how much would I expect to pay for your suggestions? I don't want to spend TOO much of my endless fortune! ; )

Thanks for any help!

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a kitchen aid set in a butcher block that we paid about $100-$120 for. I like it alot :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Buy the very best you can afford and keep them sharpened, you won't regret it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We got a set of Wusthof knives for our wedding and we LOVE them. They are fairly pricey. I think our set was around $300 and that didn't include steak knives.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I simply looked around and when a set "popped" at me I bought it...
    some of it is mixed and matched up with other sets... basically if it fit the color I was looking
    style, and need I bought it... the name wasn't to important...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Wusthof makes some of the BEST knives.
    But for price -
    Chicago Cutlery is great. I've had a set for years that I love.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have Chicago Cutlery and I love it.

I paid about $50 for mine about 6 years ago. The set I have looks like all one piece ... blade and handle.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thanks, ladies! I appreciate the answers, but my mom just got me a housewarming gift and guess what it was? A Chicago Cutlery set! I love it!
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2010