Levi Johnston Apologizes to Palin Family for 'Youthful Indiscretion'

"Last year, after Bristol and I broke up, I was unhappy and a little angry. Unfortunately, against my better judgment, I publicly said things about the Palins that were not completely true," he tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I have already privately apologized to Todd and Sarah. Since my statements were public, I owe it to the Palins to publicly apologize."

Bristol added her own statement Tuesday saying, "Part of co-parenting is creating healthy and honest relationships between the parents. Tripp one day needs to know the truth and needs to know that even if a mistake is made the honorable thing to do is to own up to it."

WOW! I have to say I am impressed! Both these young people seem to be handling this better now! What do you think? Forgive and forget or another publicity stunt?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• For baby Tripp's sake, I sincerely hope it's forgive and move forward from here, not just a publicity stunt.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Publicity spin.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I say we accept it for the truth and commend the both of them. If it turns out to be something less, then you can throw mud at them. I choose to believe the best for as long as I can!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• He is such an ass. Publicity whore.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't know where the truth lies in this case, but I do think that he is a media whore and will do anything to stay in the public light. Negative or positive, he likes the attention.

Hopefully for their baby they will be able to move forward and treat each other amicably.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The only way you'll be able to tell if he really means it is by his actions. Hopefully he can grow up and help take care of his child!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Hopefully, it is a sincere apology (which implies the resolve to never do that again).

And if so, it is not surprising - I have three children over the age of 23, and Mr. Johnston is about old enough to begin being a grown-up. Nowadays, very few children younger than 25 have a good command of their sense of judgment.

If anyone takes umbrage at that ("Well, I'm only 22 and I have perfectly good judgment!"), I am forced to gently assert: "No, dear, I doubt it."

:-)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Sorry... I think I might have thrown up a little in my mouth...*cough* *gag*
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Publicity stunt--his other attempts didn't garner the attention he wanted. I also smell some Palin muscle--she is pretty pushy when things aren't all she wants them to be.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Kudos to him. Young single parents and co-parenting can create problems for children who are caught up in the middle. Tripp deserves the best parenting from both sides of his family...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010