If you have a credit card...

How soon do you make the payment? The due date or just before? or weeks ahead? maybe even late?

I have one credit card, it's Macy's, I pay it as soon as I can, usually 3 weeks before the due date. But My SO pays his stuff the day it is due, even if he has the money before, weird.

You?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 5:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I pay everything on line, as soon as the bill comes I put it in the computer. If you work it right (paying during the grace period), you can avoid paying interest!! I also try to pay off all the balances in full every month.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We are NO longer in Credit Card Debt. We paid off over 12,000 in credit card debt in 18 months. We are now working on a personal loan, followed by our car payment. Our goal is to be DEBT FREE!!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I try to send the payment in at least a week or so before the due date. I don't want to take any chances being late with a payment and receive penalties, such as losing my reward points I have racked up. Plus, if you carry a balance (which I don't), if you are at a lower interest rate, the card company can jack it up if you are late with a payment. I like to make sure all my bills are paid on time, and that includes my credit cards.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• A couple of days before its due
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• A few days before but never pay off the entire card if you are wanting to build credit. Leave a $10 balance or so. Never go over 30% of your limit between all cards (if you get more)
    And more actually is better (but like I said keep the owed under 30% of bal.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• asap
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No matter what the bill is, I pay it the same day I receive it. If I waited until the due date I would forget about it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• idk. it's done via online automatic transfer. ...i think we pay it a little early.
    we've also only have one credit card.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I put all bill due dates on my calendar as soon as I know them and then when we get paid I schedule and pay all the bills due before the next paycheck. If my hubby has gotten commission recently I'll sometimes pay a whole month's bills at once to try to keep us ahead and give us more of a buffer so we never have to dip into savings. We are finally starting to get farther and farther ahead and are hoping to be completely debt free within a year or two. I can't wait!
    RoniV

Answer by RoniV at 6:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• always pay your credit card bill on time. you are on the right track to keeping your card in good standing. keep doing what you doing.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010