How much money would you spend on a crib and dresser for your baby?

MrsKDonovan

Asked by MrsKDonovan at 5:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on how my finances were at the time.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I spent $80.00 on a crib. And never had a dresser for my son. Now, I would just skip the crib too. He never used it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I got a really great deal on a crib/dresser off craigslist, cherry wood crib/dresser for $200 almost brand new. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a brand new one, and that is a good thing because my LO used his crib probably for just a month, he's almost 1!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My MIL bought our crib and mattress for a total of $500 - totally unneccessary though - it was a 5 in 1 which was very unsterdy as a toddler bed - the dresser my sister had an old roomate's dresser and it was blue that we painted white - it was the old very heavy one so I know I don't have to worry about it falling on him when he's climbing in it also - the new one's out there are such crap !
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I can't remember how much it was exactly, and I bought it as a set (crib, changing dresser/table and glider rocker--the only thing I didn't get was the armoire--would love to have it but really don't have the room) and it was about $250 altogether.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My in-laws bought ours, but they were about $300 together. We got the Lesvik crib and changing table/dresser from Ikea. We also have the dresser my husband had as a boy which was handed down to him and made by someone in his family way back when.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We spent over $500.00 it's one of those 3-in-one cribs.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I paid $200 for a crib and $200 for a dresser. However, his crib went from a crib, to a toddler bed, to a twin size bed. His dresser and his bed match so even though I paid over $400, it was a good investment in my opinion.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• personally, no more than $100
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Depends on what you and your SO agree on a price.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010