Homeless man shows his Pride, thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/austinkvue-tv-15750583/homeless-man-rescues-american-flag-during-storm-20738426

Homeless man rescues American flag during storm
4 hours ago - KVUE-TV Austin 2:15 | 259885 views
An act of patriotism is earning a homeless man in El Paso a great deal of praise. He rescued a fallen American flag during a severe storm.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I must admit, when I first read jesse123456's comment, I initially thought that she was somehow being critical of the original poster. My thought process went like this. "This is such a nice story for the OP to share, why is that poster trying to make it sound like the OP thought that this person shouldn't have been patriotic. "
    Then I reread it again and thought that maybe she was just sharing her view that this was a nice thing to do as well.
    That's the problem with posting sometimes, you can not read the person's intent and things can easily get read wrong.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Just because you are "homeless" doesn't mean you aren't patriotic, honorable, or heroic.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No one was being "INORANT". She was praising the man. *shaking head* Stop see attacks were there aren't any.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That's awesome!
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• clappingwarms my heart

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• How can you ask people's opinions about something and then call them ignorant for having a different view than your own? I see that as being more ignorant than someone saying that homeless people can be patriotic too.
    I'm not trying to be a bitch, just stating the obvious here.

I think that it's a nice news story especially since 98% of news is bad news, however would the same big deal have been made about a good samaritan who wasn't homeless?

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You are on a roll today, Sweet. Can we ratchet this down a notch?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I didn't say good roll or bad roll, you just seem a little hyper today. Multiple answers on all the questions.

I don't see anything insincere about Jesse's answer, BTW. She was pretty straightforward, not rude.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• A feel good story.

Answer by older at 8:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thought this was a nice story. Some wanna be INORANT about it...say alot about YOU

I have to say I went back to try to figure out what was said that was ignorant.

and it is a nice story.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010