What percentage of your relationship with your SO is based on sex?

How much is based on

mutual respect,
love,
companionship,
child rearing,
duty,
finacial support
sex

Please post a percentage for each and add anymore that you think are missing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• It's all wrapped up together they are intertwined
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• None of our relationship is based on sex... we have been known to go 3 or 4 months without sex - hell, when I was pregnant it was more like 6 or 8 months without... It's never affected the love we have for one another or altered other parts of our lives together. Our marriage is purely based on love and friendship - both of which wouldn't be there without some mutual respect... As for financial dependence or duty, not at all. I would never be married to someone simply because I felt some form of duty to be, if I am not in love I wouldn't be married... And I can more than pay my own way - so can he!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• mutual respect, 20%
    love, 20%
    companionship, 20
    child rearing, 20%
    duty, 5%
    finacial support 5%
    sex 10%
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 6:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• mutual respect, mutual respect, love and companionship are all the same...80
    love,
    companionship,
    child rearing, 10
    duty, i'm not getting what "duty" is????
    finacial support..0.i do not finacially support my dh
    sex 10
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I wish I could answer 0% is based on sex but he gets rather moody if he doesn't get any. The majority of our relationship is based on communication, Love, companionship, and mutual respect. I can't really assign any percentages to it though. Just level of importance. The four I listed being most important, everything else sort of follows from there.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Sex is great and wonderous, but, there is so much more going on between us. I didn't marry as a virgin. I've had sex. It is nice but it certainly is not the only reason for living. Unfortunately we have also had financial stresses especially after our son was born, but our child has never gone without. My husband will do anything he needs to do to provide for me and our son. I also enjoy his company. It's a give and take on everything else. I change and grow and he changes and grows. I cringe when I hear people use the excuse that "we grew apart". No, you didn't. You just decided your partner wasn't good enough and wanted to go F around. I'm just thankful it isn't me and thankful I got to know the man I married in more than the conventional ways.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That's a hard one since we both love having sex with each other.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Well, being married for 27 years, having 2 jobs or more for those 27 years, raising 2 kids to adulthood, caring for 4 aged parents, etc...very little of our life is about sex.

Why is this ? Posted in this section, rather than the relationships section?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• mutual respect,
    love - 20%
    companionship -2%
    child rearing -40%
    duty -5%
    finacial support -5%
    sex -3%
    Cant function alone anymore -35% (been together since age 13)
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• oops...I counted respect and love as one.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010