Would you go the route of home birth?

doula1

Asked by doula1 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES... I've had one and we are planning a second one. For me it's the only way to have a baby.. I wouldn't go back to having a hospital birth unless my midwife was suggesting it due to a problem.

SabrinaMBowen..... Where are you seeing these babies die from home births? I know A LOT of home birthers and don't know anyone who has had a baby die or even have to be transfered to a hospital.
    Michele975

Answer by Michele975 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• NO! Never!

I have seen more than one baby die because of home births and would never want to attempt childbirth without an epidural...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We are planning on a homebirth for our daughter, due on Halloween. My son was born in a homebirth setting as well, but not my own home.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I know so many that have had homebirths and I personally have never known anyone whose baby has died in the process.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I know of a midwife whose own baby died at a homebirth. I would never.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No - if something would happen to go wrong - heaven forbid - there is a trip to the hospital anyway.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Most likely no. I would have to be in an area that had extremely anti-natural, anti-breastfeeding friendly hospitals.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I wanted to, but it is illegal here. So the only way I could would be to do an unassisted home birth. Which I am not for.
    katrinad

Answer by katrinad at 6:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

Bummer!  Where do you live?

Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No I would not. I am all for natural, less invasive child birth, but I would not risk something going wrong and having to wait for an ambulance to get me to the hospital.Things can go very badly in a matter of minutes. Neither my child's life or my life is worth the risks involved, for the sake of my own comfort.

With my third baby I had a med free, intervention free birth, in a hospital.

MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 6:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010