Has anyone gotten an Airbrush/Spray tan before?

I am wanting to get a tan, but am trying to avoid going to a bed (as much as I loved going), to create a healthier skin situation...but I dont want to be pale, and would love to maintain a tan...so does anyone know how/if spray tans can be maintained? And what is your experience with spray/airbrush tans?

ArmyWifeAshlie

Asked by ArmyWifeAshlie at 6:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, I have. It has to be touched up about every 2 weeks. Mine always looked really nice and natural. Make sure you're going to someone experienced.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I got one for my junior prom (i didnt want to go tanning bc i was breastfeeding and didnt know the effects) I really liked it, it was a very nice and even tan, but i think it is pretty spendy to keep up with. it is a little awkward standing there almost nude being sprayed by someone though lol.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 7:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• hmm yeah...I might just ruin my skin lol. i just love the way I feel after i get in a tanning bed...thinner and whatnot... but it is something i would want to keep up with almost year round which is why the money factor is a concern...hmm.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I recently tried the Salon Bronze Home Spray Tanning System. I bought mine at Sally's for 12.99 and have actually gone through three cartridges now. I absolutely love it. I spray it only on my legs though and I do it outside on the deck, less mess that way. Try it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• @m-avi...I need it all over lol. so I would have to do it inside...
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You can do it inside. I would do it in the shower so you easily clean up the mess. This system is what our beauty schools use here in town. That's how I got hooked! If you are going to do it all over, I would really suggest you have some help. It's kind of hard to reach behind you! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• @m-avi...haha yeah... My husband is deployed and coming home soon so I will just have to go get it done, but that is something I will try when he gets home soon! The tan is mainly for when he gets home :)
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2010