What ever happened to Kaleb Schwade?

The little baby boy who was allegedly shaken by his daycare provider and the story was all over MySpace and the internet? Does anyone know if the daycare provider ever went to trial and what happened with it? How is Kaleb doing now? I did a search on the internet but I can't find any updates!!

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 6:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The daycare worker pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/hillsborough-day-care-worker-pleads-guilty-to-injuring-5-month-old/1099708
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh and the Bitch only got 16months so she should be immediately release due to time served. That's not justice its a crock of shit.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• 16 MONTHS? Shit.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't know what happened to him but his baby sitter Rebecca Saunders pled guilty and got only 18 m. in jail. What a sham.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• In Rebecca's shoes I would have taken the same deal to be home with my family. Found guilty or innocent people would have still treated her as a child abuser. There wasn't enough evidence to convict her that is why she was offered the deal. Kaleb had an old head injury and he had been vomiting before Rebecca ever had him in her home. There was as much evidence pointing at the family as the sitter they were better at pointing the finger. I hope whoever hurt Kaleb lives a miserable life.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I remember that story. So sad. How is Kaleb now, physically and mentally?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Someone posted their address and phone number on a public forum, the family started receiving threats and harassment and such, so they stopped updating.

This is apparently the last update that was given before Kristy Schwade's myspace was turned private:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/9864/forums/read/738278/last_kaleb_update_apparently

Not sure how old this picture is, but one of these boys must be Kaleb. My guess is that he's the one in the stroller, but he could be the other one. Either way, he looks like he's recovered quite well.

http://www.myspace.com/kristyreynolds
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 1:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 1:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2010