My lower back hurts anybody got any suggestions as to what I can do to get rid of some of this soreness?

I have a 40lb toddler who thinks he should be carried around. Normally I just say no and tell him he is a big boy but sometimes I pick him up.

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• Lay on your back on the floor and turn your hips to one side. Pull your left knee towards your right shoulder and do the same on the other side to help stretch it out.

Have a hot bath. Get a massage(if you can).
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• have sex
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Sounds like u might need a massage or do a few stretchs. If u know anyone who's a therapist ask them or set up a trade. One of the easiet stretches is lie down on ur stomach & lift up ur upper body, like a superman stretch. Good luck
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 7:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• ALternate between an icepack and a heatpack. Take showers, letting the water fall directly onto the spot where it hurts. Have hubby give ya a good rub in that spot. Take some tylenol or ibuprofen.
    Hope it gets better soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have horrible lower back problems as well... there are a couple things I do that seem to help a little... Alternate between heat and ice, take a hot bath or shower, get on all fours and rock back, have your SO give you a message, sit on a chair and twist from side to side, Take Tylenol, lie on your stomach and push your upper body up with your arms.. or lie on your back and take your right leg and twist it to your left shoulder, then left leg to right shoulder... Hope this helps!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My lower back started hurting a lot, and the reason was that I am pregnant. It is one of my symptoms. If you are not pregnant , try the hot pack.
    skymcr

Answer by skymcr at 7:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Do dily yoga. Without it, my back would be screwed. Yoga saved my life.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2010