Got any good potato recipes?

I love potatoes so I can never have too many recipes!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 7:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i like pan fried onions & potatoes. Cut potatoes & onions however you want & pan fry in a little bit of oil until golden brown.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• OMG, you have asked the Queen of Potatoes (QOP) - I LOVE quartered red potatoes covered in dry onion soup mix and baked in the oven until cooked through.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My favorite way to have potatoes is to bake them, let them cool down, slice the "top" off(one side lengthwise, like a regular baked potato) scoop out the potato leaving the skin in tact.
    Mash the potato with butter, mayo, sour cream, ranch dressing(whatever you like) and bacon, chives, cheese and whatever seasonings you like.
    Stuff it back into the skin, top with grated cheese and bake again for 20-30 minutes.

Soooooooo good.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1648,128181-251199,00.html

this is my favorite soup
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I make the BEST mashed Potatoes, you boil them, then add a tablespoon or 2 of margarine, and whip them, adding pepper, salt, and carnation evaporated milk until super creamy. they are AMAZING!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• These are so freaking good.... I'm always asked for the recipe.  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zesty-Red-Potatoes/Detail.aspx

I stick them under the broiler at the end for a few minutes to crisp up hte top.  You have to try them!

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Rosemary Herbed Potatoes ,my 13 year old fave and one of mine too.Half or quarter red potatoes.In a bowl add 2 T evoo, add 2t paprika, add1 1/2 t minced rosemary, add1t minced garlic, grind some black pepper a good amount about a 1/2 t and just to add a little more a couple of shakes of Italian blend seasoning Add potatoes to bowl stir till coated.Cook in oven 425 about 30 minutes.Sometimes I add large cubes of boneless skinless chicken breast and double the evoo spice mix.Cook a veg or two and easy dinner.

Also cut a baking potato as to make a fan connected on bottom.Melt butter add garlic powder and pepper drizzle into fanned part of potato and cook like a baked potato,

drfink

Answer by drfink at 8:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oldest DD was in love with something I did last week. I quartered little baby red potatoes, boiled them til they were slightly tender but not totally done, and tossed them with a little melted butter, parsley, pepper, carmelized onions, garlic garlic (tastefully simple), and something else...can't remember what...spread on a cookie sheet and finished on the grill. They were soooooo good!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I saute garlic in butter and grapeseed oil and then add cubed potaotes until crispy. Then I add a package of frozen spinach that is well drained.

My friend makes cheesy potatoes. She takes a package of frozen cubed potatoes, adds cream of mushroom soup and cheese. Bakes until potatoes are done. She tops with crushed frosted flakes and bakes for a few minutes. YUMMY!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Homemade Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes

You can make your own large batch of hash browns to freeze for later use in your hash brown potato recipes. Here are the basic steps to making a batch of hash browns for freezing.

Wash the potatoes and boil them until almost tender. Cook them just a bit less than you would if you were going to prepare your hash browns rather than freeze them.
    While potatoes are still warm you can easily slip off the skins. If you prefer, you can peel the potaotes before boiling.
    Shred the potatoes with the shredding tool of your food processor or with a potato shredder.
    Form the shredded potatoes into hash brown patties.
    Freeze the patties on a cookie sheet.
    When frozen, place the patties into freezer bags.
    You can wrap patties individually in wax paper before placing in freezer bags if you want to be able to take out just one or two patties at a time.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2010