My boss decided to donate a van to a charity for a tax deduction - THIS IDIOT!

My boss decided to donate one of our broken down vans to a charity for a $500 tax deduction. So I called the place, arranged a time for them to come down and I notarized the title. Well the came down last Thursday. My boss told me to make them go away because he didn't have time. So, I asked them to come back today. My boss was OK with this. Well they are here again and he was sitting in the break room reading the paper and he told me that he was "busy and to reschedule again". All he literaly has to do is hand this guy the title and keys, THATS IT. He doesn't care that these poeple are providing him a free service and they are not at his beck and call. How do I get this through his stubborn head?

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 7:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• If at all possible I would simply refuse to reschedule.. I would tell him that they are waiting for him to give them the keys and then walk away.
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 7:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• sounds like he's on a power trip-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• LOL...Tell your boss that the people are back to get their van, and this time they brought along a police officer! That ought to make him "jump to!" Then HE can explain why he's been avoiding them!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• What a jerk. I can't stand people who have no consideration for other people's time. I don't know what I would do. I would have been so incredibly embarrassed to have to tell the charity guys that my boss didn't want to see them AGAIN. Is it not possible for you to hand over the title and keys, provided your boss has signed the title?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I wish it was, but he will not let me.
    allfiller

Comment by allfiller (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Good luck...sounds like a real dufus!
    brothersmoore

Answer by brothersmoore at 7:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would make sure I was out of the office next time they are scheduled to come in. Then he has to deal w/ them. Or at least YOU dont have to face them again.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Bring them right in to him. Don't wait for him to come to them...I don't care if he's in the bathroom. Bring them right in, so he CAN'T avoid them.
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 8:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Help your boss out. Get the key and title from your boss. You take the responsibility to resolve this matter. There may be a raise or promotion waiting just for you.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2010