Youngest son (2) has beautiful red curly hair however, hubby wants him to have it trimmed~how do I know if it will stay curly? Please help...thanks

brothersmoore

Asked by brothersmoore at 7:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• texture isn't dependant on whether or not you cut it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My son's hair is still curly and he's 7.......he used to have the most beautiful blonde curls but now his hair is kept short. My daughter had tight curls and as it got longer her hair had more spiral curls........then I cut it and now it doesn't curl at all :( It really depends on the child & hair.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have had curls my whole life(except when I was pregnant with my first baby, they came back with my second pregnancy).

I've had cuts and trims galore and have found that as long as there are layers throughout my hair, the curls stay. If my hair is cut all one length, it gets too heavy(it's really thick too) and goes more wavy instead.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Many young kids have curly or wavy hair and grow out of it. cutting hair (aside from using an electric clipper and burning the scalp/damaging the follicle) has no bearing on how the hair grows.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 7:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• DD's hair was curly from birth until about 4 years old. As her hair grew out longer, it got thicker & straighter. Now it is SUPER strait. I really thought for a few years there that i had a curly haired child. Sometimes it's really hard to tell how it will turn out after they are grown.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• not sure but I see too many moms that leave their kids hair long because they think it looks "cute" and they get too old for it and all it does is look scraggly
    klianemcb2

Answer by klianemcb2 at 7:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2010