Any tips on keeping deers out of the garden?

(Other than shooting them ....)

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Dogs ☺
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think if you hang hair in nets off the trees it's suppose to help- heard it a long time ago
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'm dealing with someone eating our veggies too... I don't think its deer though. I mixed a spray bottle with some hot sauce and water and sprayed them all down tonight, I also read to put hair clippings in the garden, and also to get the smelliest soap you can, I'm thinking something like Irish Spring - do they still make that?? lol and put them on sticks around the garden (you can make a hole for the stick by hammering in and then remover a nail), they don't like that either, so they say. I think we are going to suck it up and put up a fence, we've already lost a zucchini, 2 yellow squash and an eggplant to the effer. =(
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• dust your plants with cayenne pepper. You need to reapply when it rains though.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• There are sprays and powders that you can get. I used to know some of the names.........Google it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• electric fence
    ARuss

Answer by ARuss at 7:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• kayane (sp) pepper works with dogs..it may work for deer...maybe you could try laying some deer feed or salt in a special place away from the garden so they will go to that instead
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We have a tall wire fence that goes around our garden. The only thing that has gotten in there so far are bugs yick.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• take the hair from your brushes and ball it up and put it on sticks around your garden. the deer wont like the smell of human and will stay away.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Pee in/around your garden. Or ask the men in the family to do so.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010