Where is the best place to go on vacation?

My BF likes isolation and I like shopping - how do we reconcile the two?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Travel

• Molokai----This is an island that stays true to its Hawaiian traditions, tucked away from the hustle of the outside world. Where no building is taller than a coconut tree. Where there’s no traffic and no traffic lights. Unspoiled coastlines. Untamed wilderness.

I found this when we were looking for our Kauai getaway.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Go to an island. I love St. Martin. You can shop and there are some isolated beaches around!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It depends upon what you want to do while on vacation. I've wanted to go to Maine for lobster, canoeing, etc.,Disneyland for the Electric light parade and to feel like a kid again, lol, etc. The amount of traveling you are willing to do will be a big factor too. I usually think about what I'd like to be doing at one of these places and use it as a guide. One year I wanted to go to the Nappa Valley for wine tasting and all that area has to offer. One can only dream! I don't think it will be happening this year though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• St. Thomas would be good too. Or any island in Tahiti. We went to Moorea, and then took the ferry over to the island of Tahiti for a day of shopping. It was literally an island paradise. No huge hotel complexes all up and down the coast. Just beaches and coves and island beauty.

Personally, I'm a desert rat and loved Death Valley, then a couple of days in Vegas (only a couple of hours away.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Cape San Blas, Florida. There is almost nothing there, but it is just down the road from Panama City Beach.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Chicago! Always a pro-sports game, great shopping, lots to do and see, lovely beaches.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2010