What is the process of getting a breast reduction?

CARMENBROWN085

Asked by CARMENBROWN085 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• they take some of the inner tissue out & then zip you back up a bit tighter around the nipple. If you were really sagging, they may even take the nipple off & replace it higher up for perkiness. Many women lose sensation in their nipples when having a reduction, or a lift. Here is more info for ya;

http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/breast-reduction

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Its hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stiches. It is a pretty major surgery. I know a couple people who have had it done. They said it was worth it in the end because of the back pain, but the recovery is rough.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I had one a long time ago - maybe 15 years ago. I started by seing a plastic surgeon for a consult. At the time, my health insurance paid for it, so we went through the pre-approval process. Then we set a time for surgery. I went in the day before so the surgeon could draw a bunch of lines on me. Then I had to stay overnight in the hospital. It took a about a month to heal up.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I will say the previous posters are correct. I looked like a shark attack victim right after the surgery. But I have fairly light skin, so my scars aren't too noticeable anymore.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• FYI, nowa days they don't need "HUNDREDS" of stitches. My GF got a reduction & a lift & she certainly did not have hundreds of stitches. In fact, 3 years later..they are barely noticable. The scars were suprisingly small.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010