sister was adopted at 30

We are in our 30s and my sister decided to be legally adopted by a women she has befriended. Our mom died a long time ago and she wasn't a good mom but she loved us and she was our mom. I feel like I lost my sister whom I used to be close to. She spends her time with her new mom and always refers to her as mom and it stings everytime she says this. My other sister agrees. It just feels weird like our family dynamic changed. How do I cope? How would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe she never got over your mom dying and she feels she needs a mother figure around to make herself feel better? idk...but I think it would hurt me a little too being in your situation, but if it makes her happy, I would be too.
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 8:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have an adoptive Mom and my mom is still alive. My mom is an aweful mom ....even if she does love me, I need a real mom and my "adoptive" Mom has given me what I need. I would be glad that your sister is happy and has someone who loves her as a mother should.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010