breastfeeding classes

did you go to breastfeeding classes? isnt there supposed to be more than just breastfeeding information in those classes??

ahasugar

Asked by ahasugar at 8:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went to a couple of La Leche League meetings. it was really helpful! It is not as formal as a class, but I learned a lot of good stuff. It also helped to meet the leaders in my area. When I ended up with a few questions after baby came it made it easier for me to call them on the phone. Check out Find a La Leche League Leader or Group Near You

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i went to a breastfeeding class when i was pregnant with my first. it was really great. it was only about breastfeeding. i think you're thinking of a newborn care class where they talk about all of the basics for taking care of a baby. they were both great
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes, I went to breastfeeding classes before my first and it was extremely helpful! I didn't have a lot of the questions about bfeeding that get asked on here, because I educated myself. The hospital has lactation consultants available, and I met with them as well - I just think when you're doing something as important as having a baby you should have as much information as possible!

Answer by missanc at 10:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I didn't but my pediatrician had a lactation consultant available. (helped teach proper latch on so you dont end up with sore nipples!!!)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I didn't but the hospital I gave birth at has free lactation consulatants that come to your room to inform you on everything. They also have a 24 hour hotline and follow ups that we can utilize
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 8:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i didn't, but if you plan on going, make sure that the person is a certified LC. sometimes it's just a nurse teaching the class, and they can give you lots of bad or wrong info.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We took a breastfeeding class (definitely demystifying); newborn care class; and infant first aid / CPR

Answer by rkoloms at 3:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010