Do bridesmaids get gifts?

Particularly the maid of honor - does she typically get a gift? And if so, what? Thanks!! :o)

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 8:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Etiquette dictates yes, but now-a-days and depending on the people you don't necessarily have to. Some common wedding party gifts are jewelery, make-up kits and flasks.
    LovableNeurotic

Answer by LovableNeurotic at 8:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I gave my bridesmaid jewelry that I wanted them to wear as a gift. My maid of honors gift was a little more expensive than the rest.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 8:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The girls in ours are getting the jewelry for the wedding, the guys are getting flasks. I got a big jar candle when I was in my brothers wedding. I was also in 2 weddings that I didn't get one. I wasn't offended...weddings are expensive but some people might be..
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yes..idk..i would say buy whatever bridal jewelry you want her to wear.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• for the wedding..ya know
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Each bridesmaid and maid of honour at my wedding got a piece of jewelry to thank them for being a part of my wedding party. Just a way of thanking them since they help to make your day special.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We did jewelry for the bridesmaids and Maid of Honor, then I think we got the Maid of Honor a gift card too. Do what you want. Now days there are no real "rules".
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yes. its a sort of thank u for their hard work.
    greatlife6

Answer by greatlife6 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I gave all my bridemaids and flower girl necklaces. My maid-of-honor i got her a black and white pearl necklace and $100.00 gift card.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I was the maid of honor in my sister's wedding. She paid for my manicure and pedicure for the wedding.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010