Not sure what to major in?

I like to work in an office setting, but I also like to work/help people. Can someone give me some suggestions for occupations that fit this discription? I have an associate's degree already but it is in general studies and its not really doing me any good. I would like to see what other options are out there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• maybe physical therapy. you do sessions but also have office reporting duties. nursing is very much that way. go into meds because that is where the money is.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Accounting, business management, or even health care management
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Social worker. Accountant. What are you GOOD at?
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 8:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Honestly, look in your news paper, see whats hiring that fits what you like to do, and your strong points!! Then go see what kind of degree you need for you that way you avoid paying for more school than you really needed!! Its important to pick something you like so you dont quit, but pick something that comes natural to you so your not working against yourself!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• X-ray technologist, (Radiologic Technology)
    EEG Technician
    Home health aide
    Teacher
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• School Office
    Library
    Medical Rep.
    Insurance Co.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You might check out the Career Center where you went to school. They can give you assessments to determine what sorts of careers are in line with your interests and maybe help you narrow it down.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Accounting and management will take you far; consider following that with a masters degree in non-profit management.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2010