Bending toward justice?

http://gayrights.change.org/blog/view/religious_support_for_gay_rights_grows_by_leaps_and_bounds

Asked by older at 8:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Whatever the reason, Im glad that people are extending kindness and compassion toward others. Good people are good people, no matter their orientation. People should be able to be in legal, loving marriages, no matter their orientation. Why should I have a legally recognized binding relationship for life that others can not enjoy, all because of my orientation?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I stopped reading after "Support for EQUALITY at all time high" and give a big THUMBS UP.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Haha, see we exist! ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Totally off topic but they really need to implement hyperlink capabilities when asking a question!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• older

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I can only hope that this is most certainly true. I can only hope that all of these religious sects are beginning to understand the true meaning of "love thy neighbor" and about forgiveness and grace. I can only hope that their Gods are speaking and showing them love in their hearts; so much so, that they can only begin to extend it to others that they formerly "shunned" due to their sin. (why they didn't shun others and their sins is still a question in my mind! But I digress)
    I think as more and more people outside of the religious "entity" stand up for the gay community, more people will begin to see the error of their ways. And embrace this amazing community as they do others.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• This makes me happy...After a good 10 years of being a gay bashing Christian, God has opened my eyes to his true LOVE For everyone, not many agree with me but it's great to see that maybe there are more coming to to the love of Christ.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 10:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Indeed, we all exist, in lives by our own choosing; however, the day will come when EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD -- not bashing anyone; just quoting scripture.
    SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Wish we had a "Like" button!

@Southernlady7~ My knees shall never bow before a figment of your imagination. My tongue shall not confess, because there is no god in the cosmos above.
    I live in the bible belt, so I understand how you must believe that this is an appropriate thing to say... I truly hope that you are kind enough to keep it to yourself when you're not at home. People get their tires slashed for things like that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2010