What causes cats to have diarrhea with no diet changes etc.?

My cat has been having diarrhea and her butt has been "leaking" feces. It seems she hasn't been cleaning herself either. What could this be?

Asked by jeni2671 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Pets

• its could be a number of things she could of drinking bad water or eaten something u dont know about even around the house just watch her and give her a lot of distilled water to help her

Answer by Patience1 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Do you have rat or mice poision in the house? She may have eaten a dead animal. OR if her but is leaking poo, has someone in your home kicked the poor thing, or been mean to her? If she wont clean herself there is something wrong. Take her to the vet.

Answer by vbruno at 2:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• You should take her to the vet. It sounds to me like she's really ill.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• There is many possibilities. There are several different kinds of parasites that can cause diarrhea. Make sure she is getting lots of water. I would take her and a sample of her pooh to the vet. They can do test on her pooh to see if it is a parasite.  Good luck.

Answer by T.W. at 12:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You may want to try mixing in a little water with her food as well to ensure she is staying hydrated. I always did that with my foster cats.

Answer by TiffanyNTrista at 3:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2008