What is the deal??

HELP!!
My one year old daughter, walks around the house ALL day and just squeels/screams for nothing, or she's just halfway cries.....I have NO IDEA what her problem is, no teeth coming in, getting plenty of nap time and diaper changes.....I am at a loss and also VERY annoyed with it because it literally is ALL DAY! Anyone gone through this or know what the problem might be, is it a phase, am I being punished....lol!

Liz30355

Asked by Liz30355 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd make a doctor's appointment. It could be gas or something, but it might be more serious.
    racheljessee

Answer by racheljessee at 9:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• honestly sounds like she might be doing it for attn, she must know you'll run to her when she whines. you could try discipline if you think she would understand it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Maybe she has gas pains...something like that. Maybe she is frustrated about learning something .
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We are in the same phase. Normally I would say ignore it (which is what I did with my oldest), but that's what my BF did with her little girl and she is still shrieking at 2.5. I can hardly stand to be on the phone with her when her LO starts in. So my 1.5 yr old is now being told "no-no" when he does it, then I distract him with a toy. I have heard less of it these last few days since we started this.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have a one year old like that in my daycare. She constantly is screaming and crying. The kids have even started to just ignore her when before they would all stop and give in to what she wanted or stopped to see what the problem was. I always look every time a child cries or screams that is in my care, but I've started to be sneaky in my "checking" abilities for this little girl. We have discovered she wants to be held and have someone doing something with her at all times, namely me. I've started to "ignore" her, (while watching her every move), so see if we can get her engaged in something herself. It is getting worse instead of better, which I expected. She is only 14 months but even her mom says she does the same thing at home. Just wanted to let you know you weren't alone.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You poor thing, hangs in there she just might be going through a stage. Just when you get used to one, it starts all over again. My daughter is 2.5 and still does what your daughter is doing. The only thing is, she is now getting better thank god. Tell her to use her words if she can or you can say show mommy what you want. This is what I did and seemed to work. If you do not think it is getting any better you can always call her doctor. "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010