Don't you hate it when....?

I hate when I go out in public and see parents who are better dressed than their children.

jades_mom2010

Asked by jades_mom2010 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hate it too, but kids do get dirty really quickly, and they're kind of rough on clothes sometimes.
    racheljessee

Answer by racheljessee at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• OMG, I HATE that too. In fact I have some people like that in my family, they go to Mexico and go tanning and have a gym membership BUT their kids' clothes are too small AND the youngest doesn't even have a bed, he has to sleep with his older sister......PATHETIC!!!
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Right! Or how about the parent looking great, with the kids hair not even combed? That really gets to me... My husband's motto is kids first, wife, then me... I love this...
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• would it be better to see kids in designers and moms in rags? yes i look consistent with my son (like old navy) but whenever they dont match it looks weird. how poorly dressed are the children?? how well dressed are the adults? to me it makes sense to buy kids cheaper clothing because they grow and a responsible adult can keep a good piece of clothes a long time...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh I agree. I went to a program after having my DD. I was going to get my GED and there was a daycarethere all that. Anyway my neighbor started and one day she came in nice clothes make-up hair done all nice(no good reason why either) and her son was still in his PJ's (at daycare) with his diaper from the night before still on and his hair all over the place. The woman at the daycare asked why he wasn't dressed properly(he was in feety PJ's and part of the daycare was tile) she said she ran out of time before she had to leave. She also had said that day that he woke her at 5 am and she couldn't get back to sleep(we had to be there by9 she had at the very least 3 hours)
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No, not really. To me it says she cares about things herself and she is letting her kids be kids. They should be allowed to wear something they can get dirty and really play in and not worry about it. Now if I see a child with a dirty face, black dirty fingernails and hair that isn't combed, that really bothers me.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think that it isn't saying much for the parent.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree that is the most irritating thing ever! If your going to look decent atleast dress your kids nice as well
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• oh, you probably hate me!!!
    my kids insist on choosing their own clothes!!!
    sometimes it is not pretty : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Can't say I have ever noticed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010