has any other moms felt over welmed with there new borns

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has any mom NOT felt overwhelmed would be the better question. We have all felt that way at least once.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I sure did when I had mine...there is sooooo much in taking care of a baby....sleep...what sleep??? The job is 24 hours a day 7 days a week 12 months a year... of course I am sure we all do.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster. That newborn -never sleeps through the night- always needs to be held stage can be brutal and very overwhelming. Whether you are a new mom- scary, or have several other children at home needing care and attention too- difficult, it's all overwhelming. It does get better though, hang in there, and congratulations.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• "Has any mom NOT felt overwhelmed would be the better question. We have all felt that way at least once"

yeah, at least once... A DAY!

Just take lots of deep breaths. Make sure you're getting your rest too. Being tired makes it SO much harder!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my daughter would stay up all night screaming and sleep all day i had my mom move in the first couple of months cause i would be sobbing everything i did didn't work i had baby blues she had collic we weren't mixing my mom took over half the night so i could soak in a tub or get shut eye its very over whelming
    jennette0704

Answer by jennette0704 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I sure did! i felt it before i even left the hospital hun, i am a single momma and i aint gonna lie it gets hard some times, believe me i called MY momma cryin WITH the baby a dozen times,but there is hope it gets better,and there are tricks that help to make it easier on you too-if you breast feed you can let the baby sleep next to you{if you are comfortable with that} so you can nurse and sleep at the same time-honestly my girl is 10 months now and on the bottle but when she was breast fed that was the best dang sleep EVER! when i changed to using bottles i made hers for the night already made so all i would have to do is heat them up-a bed side bottle warmer is good to use. and poof you and the baby are back to sleep,try not to use alot of lighting if they wake up and theyll fall back to sleep easier too...theres alot of tips that make it easier but its ALWAYs a learning process for what works with you and your baby.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think we all have. Just remember that it won't be this way forever. (You'll have knew things too worry about!) When I went on maternity leave I was there with my baby by myself all day and late into the night. My family wasn't close by, and neither were many friends. The ones who were had to work most of the time. If you can have someone come over, DO IT!

Like the other commenter said, take a deep breath. Sleep when you can. Tell yourself that you can handle anything that comes up. Ask for help when you need it. We've all been there, and it gets easier.

Take care!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think all moms get overwhelmed with newborns. They are not able to tell you what they need, and you need sleep. They are complicated and you only want what is best. I suggest getting someone you trust to take care of the little one for two hours just so you can sleep or run an errand.

However, I have three children and have felt overwhelmed even lately. Don't get discouraged. Life is full of overwhelming moments. Try to find someone to talk to and share your hardships with. Talking to a friend is like therapy!
    tjmom726

Answer by tjmom726 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I remember the 2nd night my son was home.... it was hot (he was born in June) and I had him swaddle ( i thought that was what you had to do) but he wouldn't stop screaming.... after a few hrs I just broke down and starting crying, I was exhausted, couldn't figure out what was wrong, and felt like a failer of a mother.... we finally took his blanket off him and he stopped, we realized that he was overheated..... I felt so bad!!! Being a mother is hard work, baby's can't tell us what is wrong and on top of that we are beyond tired and stressed...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yes i believe all new mommies feel this way..mine didnt start until the first few weeks home alone with my preemie..i was scared and very unsure of myself...and felt everything had to be just perfect..but hey life goes on and we all do just fine just remember take a breath, calm down and if you need help call a friend, relative or someone you can trust to give you a break
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010