i have a question to the grocery question

its me my hubby and our two kids i go once a week and spend about 180 or more we dont eat like crazy why am i spending so much what do you do to keep it so low

jennette0704

Asked by jennette0704 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Shopping

• To keep my bill as low as possible...I buy our cereal at the dollar store ...a big box is 2 bucks or less...many food items there are lower. In my regular grocery store I buy mostly only sale items and the just the things we need like milk bread ect. I always check the reduced cart for things we might use marked down....Oh and one good way to save in the long run....say spaghetti sauce is on sale for a dollar a jar...I stock up on those items as much as I can afford for that week.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We spend about the same or more. Kids eat a lot! Plus, it depends on the brands you are buying and if you're watching out for the sale items, I guess.
    racheljessee

Answer by racheljessee at 9:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I hear ya! I usually spend around 150 - 180 and I just can't figure it out. I try to spend less.. but it's too difficult.
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Stockpile, never plan meals around recipes, use coupons on sale prices, only buy what is free or nearly free and buy enough to last until it's on sale with a coupon and free or nearly free again. Cook from scratch, no processed crap in boxes and cans that only lasts one meal. It's a lot more than I can fit in an answer, but I started a group last week because this question comes up so much. If you want more info on it let me know.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010