How do I start my own Virtual Office Assistant business?

I am thinking about starting a Virtual Office assistant/sub office assistant business. For example, if a regular employee calls in and a company really needs someone to fill in, then I can either work from my home or I can go work at that company for the day. How do I go about starting a business like this and do you think it is a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Post your "service" on Craigslist, that's about the only suggestion I can think of!! Good Luck!! =)
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i have a few ideas on homecareeersuccess.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Step one is to write a business plan.
    What services will you offer: SEO? Sales support? etc.
    Who is your market? National? Local?
    How do you plan to reach potential customers/market your services? Through an agency? Networking events?

Send me a message offlist if you would like to chat...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I can tell you from experience it's extremely difficult, time consuming, and takes an awful lot of hard work. I've been an Admin Asst for over 10 years, and becoming virtual is a lot harder than you would think. You need to be certified in several different areas - Microsoft Office, HTML, possibly coding, data entry, transcription, etc. You need a portfolio, a website, a fax machine, a whole home office, etc.

Go to ratracerebellion.com and research it - they've got some great tips on that site.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010