Tattoo laws

I am thinking about getting my first tattoo and I am just wondering about tattoo laws about where you cant get tattoos on your body.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• http://www.aaatattoodirectory.com/tattoo_regulations.htm here this is all tattoo restriction laws state to state
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I've never heard of a 'tattoo law.'
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• it varies from state to state. where i live you can't get the palms of your hands, your face, or the front of your neck tattooed
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I didn't know there were laws as to where you can't get tattoos.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• There are no laws which state what you can get or where you can get it. However, there are laws in place that will require you to go to a licensed tattooer (which should be a no-brainer)... You'll also find laws about age restrictions if you are under 18, but beyond that, it's all about what YOU want and where YOU want it...

My advice is choose something of meaning & place it somewhere which is easily covered by general clothing so that it does not interfere with long term career or other ambitions.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Dang... I am thinking there are no laws about where you can get a tattoo on your body. I mean, there is a porn star that has her backdoor tattooed. {barf}
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'd call a local tattoo artist and ask them. They would know those kinds of things. I didn't know there were laws on where you couldn't have them.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• their are no tattoo law except age 16 - 17 needs parental consent 18+ its all you!
    and you can get them wherever you want, they'll suggest not getting them in certain places,
    like your palms cos you use your hands alot and they will fade faster then a back or arm,
    due to the fact tht you bend it alot.. people get inside their ears tattooed....
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• also my boyfriend does tattoos out of our house he used to work in a shop.
    but found a better job that paid more.
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2010