For Christians - how do we truly put Christ at the center of our marriages?

I am asking for responses from Christians only, please. If anyone wants to debate, please start another thread.

How do we really put Christ at the center of our marriage? What do you do when you're having problems and one person has a bad attitude toward counseling even before starting? Please please pray!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We to have had our share of troubles, but in answer to your question, the only way that I know is for you both to keep your priorities in line. God first, then hubby, then children... Let me find the scripture for you, I think it's in Acts....but, anyways you need to give your marriage to God every day, pray without ceasing. pray for the reason behind the bad attitude to come out, but be also prepared when it does. Keep the communication open with you and hubby, can't be fixed if you don't know. There is a great book, Power of a Praying WIfe that is truly wonderful. You have to remember that men take things and handle things WAY differently than we do. Something else in his life may be upside down causing. Pray and we wil pray with you, but don't blow him off. that'll make it worse! Send me a message if you want to!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I know it may sound crazy, but have you read through The Love Dare? It's amazing the changes that can take place when 1 person gives 110%. It's hard work, and it makes you do things and think about things, even when you don't want to. Many people have been blessed by the book. It's a good read for anyone who is married - whether you are happy right now, want to be happier or on the brink of disaster.

And as others have said - keep praying. Sometimes, thats all you can do.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 11:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• A couple that Prays together stays together.
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think it's very important to attend church together, and praying together and reading the bible together takes you to a whole new level of intimacy. You kind of need to be in the same place though, if you have one party that's unwilling, it's going to be awfully hard. good luck and God bless.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• As a wife it's important to allow your husband to be the head of the house even if his decisions differ from youts.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 10:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• forgive 7 times 70
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree, I think Allowing your husband to make the Decisions(Godly Decisions) and offer advice when asked for or just simply ask him if he would like advice. Because there is nothing wrong in your opinion. Pray together, read God's word together, something I would even love to do with my husband is join a bible study or do a bible study together at home.

If someone has a bad attitude, like him or something for example.. pray over it, and answer him with love physically, Emotionally, and spirtiually. Having a kind heart turns away wrath.

Have date nights.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• If he doesnt want counseling, you could always go and seek counseling. Your changes toward having a solid marriage may allow him to see what your doing works.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• As above answers have said pray together, read God's Word together and also you can study the example Jesus left for us and if both try to imitate him then then we realise we should put the other person first. Hope it all works out for you!!
    Kyles

Answer by Kyles at 1:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• We act with love towards each other even when we disagree, we pray and we forgive each other when we are having an off day.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2010