Does anyone have a whisteria tree what do you do with it lol?

It has been planted for about 3 years. It has no flowers just alot of leaves it's all over the place. I don't know how to make it into a tree. I read it is poisonious and i have little child so I want to get rid of it. But my mother planted it and she has passed so i kinda wanna keep it. HELP I don't know what to do.

cakestylist

Asked by cakestylist at 9:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• no but i wish i did..i love looking at them..i bought lot of fake whisteria vines for my wedding.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• http://www.beginner-gardening.com/wisteriatree.html

Very good, very clear tips on how to care for it and about it, Ive used this site for a couple of my plants.

Good Luck!
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 9:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You have to train in into a tree. They're not really trees but HUGE invasive vines, Just keep twisting it around itself, you can even braid the vines into a tree. The ones i have seen are GORGEOUS. I also doubt your child is going to go out there & eat the wisteria tree. I would leave it. It will eventually bloom. Give it some fertilizer with high phosphorus & potassium, but low nitrogen. This will make it bloom.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2010