Baby Sweating during sleep

My one year old is constantly sweating during his sleep, whether it's a nap or a nighttime sleep. He wakes up as if he has dip his back in water. His whole head is wet and so is his oneis on the back. What is going on? Is there anything I can do? I try putting him on his tummy but he always turns back then wakes up wet all over his back. Any suggestions?

melody1881

Asked by melody1881 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son sweats in his sleep too.... I do too, I know my son doesnt use blankets.... maybe try a fan in his room?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My kids are both the same way - so is my DH... it's nothing harmful, just the way their body reacts to sleep.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Do you have a mattress pad protector on the mattress? I'm thinking of the plastic type? Are the linens 100% cotton? Does he need to wear a onsie? Are you having this heat wave where you are? Dress him as you dress yourself.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My kids sweat in their sleep too. Body temperature rises when we sleep so it's normal. Just put a fan in the room.
    monkeedork

Answer by monkeedork at 9:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My son sweats in his sleep, especially during his naps when the sun is shining in his room. When he first started going to the babysitter, it freaked her out and she was constantly taking his temperature. He's 3 now and has outgrown it quite a bit, but we still run a fan in his room while he sleeps.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The easy answer is put a fan on him. if that doesn't help you might try feeding him a protein rich snack before bed/nap. Sometimes blood sugar dropping can make them sweat.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My little girl sweats really bad when she sleeps. I just try to dress her lightly when she sleeps. That's about all you can do, besides using a fan as others have suggested. Nothing to worry about I don't think.
    MrsPeek

Answer by MrsPeek at 11:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• thank u
    melody1881

Comment by melody1881 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010