Do online survey's work?

I have been trying to figure out how to make money online and still be at home. Do survey's actually give you money, or are they trying to have you sign up for everything else.

tjmom726

Asked by tjmom726 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I dont know if all do, but my dad was doing online surveys for one company and making money. Not alot, maybe enough to get you a hamburger and fries.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I've gotten checks, gift cards, free full-size samples, etc. It's a lot of fun and a great way to make some spending money.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Do they work? Well, sort of. You can make money, or earn free gifts, but it's a big hassle, and most people wind up giving up and never seeing any money. There are other forms of work at home opportunities out there. You can try Amazon Mechanical Turk, writing for eHow, etc. I have lots of ideas and opportunities on my Blog, Mavi's Home Work. The link to my Blog is on my home page here at Cafemom.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I tried doing on-line surveys, but I felt like it was a waste of time. The surveys are so... long, and you don't make much money at all. I now work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 16 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms, Helping MOMS work from home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I completely agree. I would try to find something else to use for making money. I have done surveys in the past and I found them to be very long and tedious. They would tell me that it would take me 20 minutes to finish the survey and it would always take me twice as long. And I was answering the questions very quickly, it wasn't like I was being slow about it.

As an example for you, the way that survey companies work is they give you points for taking a survey. Those points can then be exchanged for cash or gifts...it's your choice. For a 15 minute survey you may get about 50 points. Usually 1,000 points is what you need to get $10 cash. So if you do the math you can see that you'd need to do 20 surveys or spend 5 hours doing surveys. So you would be making $2/hour. But remember, as I said I have always found the surveys to take twice as long, so on average it's probably $1/hr.
    SentWithaSmile

Answer by SentWithaSmile at 8:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You can get a listing of legitimate survey companies here: http://www.freelancebyu.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 3:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2010