This is a spin off from another question but who do you think should give the birds and bees talk to a ten year old boy? The mother, father, or both?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Both parents, if possible, should talk to their kids about the birds and bees
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• At that age, I think it would probably be more comfortable for his dad to give the talk.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• both parents could give helpful advice..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have given most of the sex talks to our oldest son. I always make sure I tell him he can come to either of us when he has more questions.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i say both. and later on if he has questions he can go to whoever he is more comfortable with
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'm a single mom, so I do all of the talks.... but I have started a dialogue with my son since he was very young so we can talk about anything comfortably.  Idealy it would be great for children to be able to these type of conversations with both of their parents.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My husband and I both did...tho I did the majority of the talking. We had a book that really helped us too. We went in with a plan so there were no questions that threw us off.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Both, although, I am single and did it myself.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have done the majority of talking with my son simply because I communicate better with him about serious things. My husband is a great dad, but he has a really hard time getting serious.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I am also a single mom and I gave my son the talks since he was 6. It doesn't matter who gives the talk but it needs to be done and started from an early age. It needs to be age and developmentally appropriate, on going conversation where the child feels comfortable to ask the parent anything and know that his parents are not going to freak out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010