Do any of you have "haunting" memories from previous lives? How do you deal with them?

This is going to sound strange but I have this dream, which is without doubt a memory - but seeing how it involves the SS and I'm only 27, it's not from this lifetime. I've had this dream for as long as I can remember (other dreams as well) but it's been worse through this pregnancy than ever before & I'm going days without sleep because of it. Is there anything I can do to help "block" these memories/dreams?

I would blame hormones accept that I remember having this dream at 4&5 years old... Which was well before I knew who the SS was...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont know but i'v had them too. it's always the same couple dreams and it's very realistic and it's been since i can remember. i dont know what to do about them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I had one very strange dream... I was in a car that was traveling sideways I was in the passenger seat. I looked in the rear view mirror and I knew the person inside the body was me but the face I saw in the mirror was not mine...it was a young girl from probably the 20's like one of those flapper girls that do the Charleston...she had a roundish cute face and short blondish hair. I reached over and hugged the driver (because I knew I loved him) and I knew I had to leave him.... I knew I was going to be leaving by stepping outside of the car door...but the weird thing was...I knew that when I got outside of the car I would be in a whole new different world.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The days are longer now, there is more time to stay up or start new life routines, new life styles and different things happen when the heat is so tough on our selves. We are not in place with the dreams so much, it's usually you trying to formulate that past style into the newer you version, It's you beginning stepping to a new tune and the dreams are due to you turning a new leaf, to your day and drama starts when people don't agree. The whole world has to go to God's lead. He is leader, not us, so when the devil sees that changing in us, we are happy but he isn't. In a big way who we are is prominent, and who the enemy compares us to or what, he thinks isn't in the picture. Keep planting and sowing green newness in you garden of life. IT's going to work out, and as for your 4-5yr. old thing, maybe you aren't there but it is an accomplishment to work through that (TIME)
    Blessed , are you.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh, it's nice now too, while you're time isn't interrupted by a waking baby. Best to you and your child. Have a purely heavenly pregnancy. : )
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think you can block anything that is truely from your past. Maybe this child you are pregnant with is more connected to you, from your past, than your other children?? I never have any dreams but always have this horrible, almost panic attack fear or a child falling and breaking their neck. It began with my first nephew....it has lessened since I have had kids. But I always wondered if it was because of something I had experienced before.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Have you thought about doing a past life regression session with someone? I think maybe working through what the dreams mean will be a quicker relief than trying to block them all together. But unfortunately I don't have any advice for blocking dreams.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I've been looking for someone close that can do Past Life Regression because my own attempts just haven't gone anywhere. I know of at least 2 previous lives - I can give you names and places... And honestly believe this to be a third, but it ended horridly. this one has affected me more than the others because it not only affects my sleep but my waking hours as well. The sound of a low flying plane or the smell of gunpowder are enough to throw me in to a panic attack and it's gotten worse as I get older - closer to the age I was then... I have considered that this is the child I didn't get to have then (because I was prego at the time), but there isn't really any way to know at this point. I love to sleep, so this isn't helping. I've done a decent job at blocking most of my childhood memories from this life, you would think by now I would be a pro at locking things out...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I haven't had any, but I know my sister has and it's been difficult for her. She used to have this recurring dream about a lover that she couldn't be with for social status reasons. The dream became so vivid and real that she said she realized it was actually a memory. Once she realized it, she went into a deep depression for a few months. She said that she could feel all of the emotions connected to that life and experience. Given her experience, I think the best way to deal with these types of memories is to face them and fully experience them. That's what happened to her eventually, but maybe you could benefit from some type of regression therapy. There is a doctor who has written several books on past life regression named Brian Weiss. I believe his book has a link as well that gives a directory of practicioners around the country. I will try to find out for you. Hope you can find a solution. GL.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 11:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes I have. I used to be deathly afraid of old whaling ships. For some reason one day it all came to a head when I dream-remembered dying at sea on a whaling ship. For me, facing it like that worked - I still have bad memories associated with the ships when I see pictures of them or whatever, but since the dream I haven't been terrified of them like I was before. Is there some way you can face your past? For me, the dream just happened, I don't know what brought it about, I just know it helped once I understood where my fear came from. A true psychic could probably help you, but there are so many fakes out there just waiting to take advantage of folks, I don't know if I would recommend that. Are any friends/family sympathetic? Could talking about it more help? It sounds terrible - my heart goes out to you! (hugs)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Don't do past life regression. They are not healthy for this life. We reincarnate in a better place then we were in before, that life is over & this is our new life. Doing past life regressions does nothing but soothe our ego & curiosity. Most people are full of crap anyway. I've had so many people try & tell me what/who i was in my past life & I've they were all different. I think some people have big imaginations & they just say they are psychic. But, i do believe there are some very clairvoyant folks out there.

If you don't let go of your past life, your soul will have a much harder time evolving. This is all in Hundu scripts & i believe it %100. Past lives are not to be messed with. Regression is not the way to go. Looking into past lives is a dark thing to do.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2010