could my conseption date be off by almost 3 weeks?

ok, i just asked a question before about being induced, which i hope to get alot of responses on but now that someone mentioned my due date could very well be july 14th, which i know is just a possibility i have another question. so the babys father an i were together almost 5 months but before i dated him i dated the love of my life for about 3 1/2 years and we are back together now. when the baby daddy and i broke up i slept with my current boyfriend about 3 weeks after what they are giving me as my conception date. Is there any type of chance that maybe it could be his? i meen 3 weeks is pretty far off so i never really considered it, but could it be a good possibility or probably not (which is what im thinking)

mcdonaldm9696

Asked by mcdonaldm9696 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your due date is an estimate taken from the last day of your last period. But unless you know the exact day you conceived there could be an error of up to 2-3 weeks because we each conceive at different points in our cycle. However, your due date will be more accurate if it's gotten through sonogram rather than by guessing at your period & cycle.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• This will give you some more information about how things are calculated...

http://women.webmd.com/estimate-due-date

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i would say chances are its not his just from personal experiance ..its never that easy ... you may get lucky but if they took an ultrasound its probably pretty accurate and i would say if it was days it would be possible but not weeks
    shannonnlotuz

Answer by shannonnlotuz at 10:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The EDD is calculated based on the First day of your last period. So, for example, the first day of your last period could be April 8. That is the date that they base the 40 weeks on.... however.... you may not have gotten pregnant until say April 20 (12 days).... so even if you are 12 weeks pregnant - you are really only pregnant for 10 weeks.... does that make sense???

Ovulation usually occurs between days 10-16. 12-14 being average. So - yes the due date is usually off, but the actual date of conception is different for each woman depending on when she ovualtes and has sex, etc etc.

HTH! The ultrasound should be fairly accurate!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I just reread your question...... if they gave you a conception date... .then it could only be off by a few days - 3 weeks off would be rare (but I am sure it could happen)....

DNA - the only way to know 99.9% for sure

Good luck!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Even if you do *know* when you conceived, it doesn't mean that baby is definitely ready for delivery on EXACTLY Day 280.
    ;-)
    A due date is the mid-point in the average estimated due period (38-42 weeks), so you're really due for a month, anyhow.

I had a 3-week due date. (not counting the few weeks on either side) So I was due for 7 weeks, lol.
    My baby still came at "41 weeks" which could have actually been 43 weeks... ??
    At 10-pounds, smooth-as-butter delivery, and no vernix, I think she was more than 41 weeks.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It's completely possible. My dh's brother and his wife (complete goody two shoes both of them) got pregnant just after their wedding day. (There is no possible way it could have been before the wedding date if you get my drift.)

Their first appointment, the doctor told them their conception date was three weeks before their wedding. The two of them about laughed the doctor out of the room.

Trust me, it's completely possible they got the date wrong.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010