Does your hubby or s/o care if your friends are slutty?

Hubby does not want me to hang out w/ my stripper friend any more. He saw some of her fb photos and read some of her comments/replys.....He does not think a mother (she is also in a relationship) should act like a hoe. She has changed a lot and he feels like I can find better friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Slutty girls need friends too..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The people we choose as our friends most times rub off on us. I don't blame him for not wanting you to hang around with strippers. You should be glad that he doesn't want you too... a lot of guys would maybe take advantage of that... I wouldn't want strippers around my hubby lol. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The people who spend time with reflect on the person you are. If you hang out with a slut then others will assume you are to. Yes, my fiance would care if I hung out with a slut...but then so would I.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• He wouldn't want me hanging around slutty girls, and I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to hang around those kind of girls either.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• no he would not like it. and i dont blame him a bit.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My husband doesn't have any say who I am and am not friends with... He wouldn't ever try to. I was a stripper, so were many of my friends... Honestly, he wouldn't care. But even if he did, he would NEVER try to tell me who to be friends with... I'm a grown woman & I don't need his Okay!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I can definitely understand keeping your friendship at a distance, but completely abandoning her is not going to send a positive message to her and is going to ruin any chance you have as a good example to her. My husband encourages me to be positive to anyone I meet who tries to engage in some sort of friendship. Even if it is a very distanced, safe, careful friendship if it means I might be able to help someone in some way then it's still a good thing. So many people have everyone turn their backs on them when they start going down the wrong path and I think it leads them even farther astray...a postive, friendly role model in some part of their life could make a big difference.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 10:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Slutty girls need friends too. That doesn't mean they're a bad influence outside of their style (or proffession in your friend's case), that just means they have different standards then other people. It's understandable if your husband thinks you're going to act like her, or your kids are going to mimic her and he'd be worried. However, it's not right for him to say you can't be friends with her, let alone for the reasons he's stated. He doesn't have to agree with her, but that doesn't mean she deserves her friends to ditch her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i don't think it is fair, or right, but my man is the same way.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 10:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Well...YEAH/
    ...I don't have slutty friends. LOL. Who wants a slutty friend? I think you are seen by others as very much like your friends and I wouldn't want anyone to think I was slutty too. Yikes.... I have nice friends. Married, with children mostly,and if they are single , they don't cruise the clubs or strip. Holy moly....Oh, I guess that is because I was raised in the 1950's when people wanted to look and act decently. .....oh well.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010