hpt question

Ive taken many test ( Lord knows!!!) but today when I went to read the results the whole screen had a pink smear like thing across it. You could still read the test line but see that there was no positive line. Can I consider it neg or should I retest? Thanks Mamas!!!!!

summerbudbud

Asked by summerbudbud at 10:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It's most likely a negative, but if you're not sure, retest.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• ya i have had that happen b4- sometimes its a bad batch of tests. You need to do a different one (preferably a diff brand that way your not wasting your $$$$ if its from the same batch). GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I always buy answer brand. They are a lot cheaper and one of the more sensative tests out there. I have not gotten the smear with Answer that I have with other brands. But to answer your initial question... I think you got a bad test.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• you can always try digital. they give a deff answer. but if the HCG is low then the other tests give a faint line when the digital could read a neg
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 10:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That would be negative.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2010