sore but and period cramps....hospital time?

I am 40 weeks. yay. still havent had him. i have been having period cramps ALL day and they actually started yesterday. anyway they arent unbearable but they arent going away, but they also arent consistant. should I go or should I stay? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you lost your mucus plug yet? If so then I would go, if not, then stay and wait it out for a little bit longer, if the pain persists call the birthing center, or go to it, they will tell you what to do.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• They usually want them 6 minutes apart consistently. With BOTH my babies I went in and was sent home just to be back with in 12-24 hours to push em out. lol. I'd wait until they are consistent and hurt more.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I forgot to add, UNLESS you want to sit in a hospital for many hours and get sent home. It sucks.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i would stay home and wait for it to get more intense and more regular.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• A lady I know was having about like you, and she went into the hospital. The nurses wanted to send her home, but her doctor was actually there and had just gotten done delivering another baby. He told her to stay and he would check her. She was dilated to a five. She was not having consistent contractions and they were not severe at all, but she was not allowed to leave the hospital because of how far dilated she was. She ended up having the baby just after midnight.

Long story short, what is your gut telling you to do? The lady I'm referring to followed her gut instinct to go in, and it was a good thing she did. So how about you? What is your instinct telling you to do?
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• ok i was having those symotoms not to long ago and it actually shoud i was contracting but not dialating and im only 30 weeks and they had to give me an iv to clam them down and jus told me to drink plenty of water and i was there like all night for them to jus tell me that but its up to you
    senior_2OO8

Answer by senior_2OO8 at 6:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• stay home and soak in a WARM bath. and just relax. make sure your bag is packed. but yes definantly wait until they get stronger and more consistant. good luck!!!
    inkedmommy1414

Answer by inkedmommy1414 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2010