Can you get a credit card with poor credit?

Can you get a credit card with a poor credit rating? Any suggestions?

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, but you may have to pay. Try Capital One.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Do you have no credit or bad credit? Either way, somebody will give you a card. I know people who are 50 thousand dollars in arrears who get offered credit cards. Credit card companies are vultures. If you have bad credit, my advice would be not to get a credit card at all. If you have no credit, you may need to get a card just to get your name on the board so to speak.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 10:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i have no credit and i can't get one. even my credit union that i've been with for over 2 years with no overdraws or anything won't give me one.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No and you don't need one!!
    You need to work on your credit but for a card use a prepaid! Keep open 1 account that all your bills get paid out of from the automatic bill pay.Have you paycheck automatically put in there so you get your fees waived. If you run out of $$ you go without. Trust me a few times of going without and you will learn how to live within your means and make better financial plans. Sometimes you just have to say NO!!! to yourself and your spouse and kids.
    Sorry my answer is mean. I just truly know from where I speak on this issue!!!.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You can usually get a secured credit card where you pay them a certain amount as collateral and they give you a credit card. After a certain period of time as long as you make your payments on time and everything it converts to a normal card and you receive the deposit back. Try your bank.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 12:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2010