What book do you read to your child at night?

I'm trying to expand our library--we've been reading Good Night Moon for the longest.. lol.

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 10:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I really love "I Love you, Stinky Face" and "I Love My Mommy/Daddy Because..."

Those are my daughter's favorites :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• a hat so simple and peter pan
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We borrow tons from the library, so we don't have just one fave that we read over and over and over. But if you are looking for something new, try anything by Mo Willems. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein is one of my 5yr old's favorites, too.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Curious George, Spider Man, Batman, Clifford, Black Gold. I am reading Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows right now. (I have 2 older children.)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We read from the Children's Scriptures each night, and dd gets to pick out one to two other books to read. She has a whole bookshelf full of books to choose from so it's a different story each night.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• his dad reads him goosebumps...i like the little bear books.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 10:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• baby beluga, raffi's music in books we love them
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We have TONS of books here. My mom is an elementary school librarian and my sister is a first grade teacher! So PM if you want a bigger list! However, right now my four year old likes Llama Llama red pajama, My Truck is Stuck, Stellaluna and the Olivia series. Oh, the also love the "Francis" series.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 10:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Elmo say's Achoo is one of his favorites. My son has so many books, but the one's where they light up like Alien Al or has sneezing in it he loves.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We go to the library a lot and read books often through out the day.
    But at night i pick a chapter book that is above their level but not so advanced that they don't understand. Right now we are reading "Charlotte's Web". We just finished "Maniac Magee" and next we will probably read "James and the Giant Peach" or "Charley and the Chocolate Factory".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010