Long Periods

I had my appendix removed in September and sense than my periods have been getting longer and longer. First time it was 18 days than 20. Well I gave up keeping up now. I'm not having any pain just light flow every single day. I had an MRI to see if there was somthing wrong after the surgery but they found nothing and they didn't sound concerned (not an obgyn doctor). Now I have no insurance and the health dept says it's only because I gained weight sense my baby was born(over 3 yrs ago). I haven't had this problem before so if it were that then why didn't I have this problem after giving birth, I haven't gained any more. It don't seem like anyone wants to help:(

econnis

Asked by econnis at 10:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• I don't know, but I bumped your question. Hope someone can help. I had long difficult periods and ended up getting an ablation because of it, but there was no sudden reason for it. I don't know why a surgery would cause it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It could be a hormonal change. there are natural balancing products that can help you regulate your hormones. One of my clients was having her period for 6 weeks straight and she used the balancing cream that I sell and it went back to normal almost instantly. pretty amazing
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 11:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Did anyone even mention going on Birth Control to regulate your periods?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• That sounds just like me when I had my fibroids except that the bleeding kept getting heavier and heavier.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2010