If You Decline Payment Protection When Activating a Credit Card Can They Get Away With Charging For it?

I've been fighting with Capital One for months and they keep trying to get me to call some 1-800 #. I declined all the extras and I've been getting charged for them for months. I think it's total BS that they won't quit charging me or refund me for unauthorized transactions--they managed to sign me up, but now when I'm pissed, they "can't" help me? I know that when i call this #, even if I cancel, these aren't the people who will refund the charges. If I have to call Capital One, anybody know what I should say/do? Will getting a supervisor help? They owe me like $100.

NewMom2RAD

Asked by NewMom2RAD at 11:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes get the supervisor!!!! you just have to keep repeating yourself to the first ones that answer!! when you call back the first will want to help- so you tell them again that you have decline but were still charged and you want those charges credited back. if they say no then ask to speak to a supervisor!!!!
    kimber2465

Answer by kimber2465 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Look up howard clark.com he would know
    sunkist332002

Answer by sunkist332002 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Good Luck! I just activated my card yesterday and I had to tell them I didn't want to do any of the "protection service" about 10 times before they would listen. I have a feeling that they still signed me up anyways for it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2010