how can i stop my toddler from leaking

every night my toddler leaks through his diapers and ends up laying in pee through out the night i tryed changing brand and every thing else how elese ca i stop this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Limit the amount of fluid he drinks before bed
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• alimit fluids and also try to make sure his penis isnt sticking up when the diaper is on. my eldest would pee out the top of his diaper if I didnt lay it down. also you could speak with his doctor about it. not that its a medical issue but maybe they have advice on brands or added protection.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i usually cut out drinks an hour before bedtime...maybe a small sip of water if they feel thirsty at bedtime. and encouraging going potty before bedtime. good luck!
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I used to "double wrap" my son.... use a diaper, then wrap another around his waist 'cause he peed so much at night....even if I stopped fluids by a cut off time before bed!! I only had to do it for a few weeks and then he stopped.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• what size is he in? you can try putting him in the next suze up at bed time or putting him in an overnight diaper at bedtime or you can try putting an always inifinity maxi pad in the diaper too they are crazy absorbent and when they get full then it leaks into the diaper when we use those we NEVER have a leak (but i know that sounds nuts)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• make sure his penis isnt sticking up when the diaper is on. <---- and that too!!!! LOL ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Usually when that happen with my children it was because they needed to be moved up a size.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my dd used to do that too, we have started putting her in Goodnight pull-ups it seems like they can hold more pee then a pamper!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My son got old enough to tell me himself if his penis is up he will pee through. Also, buy rubber pants that are used for cloth diapers and that will help with the leaking.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2010