Do you know these names?

For a writing assignment whose intended audience was sci-fi/fantasy readers I told a story from the point of view of a young woman named Tara. In it she talked with her brother Jev, Vin, and her Uncle (who was with two females dressed in black) about people and how difficult it is to get people as a group to accept change for the betterment of all. There is a lot of conversation about truth, perception & spirituality. Near the end you find out that the full names of the characters are : Jehovah, Vishnu, Odin & Ostra. Now my instructor had no clue who these people are. My Question: Do you?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 11:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• They are all gods. Christian, Hindu (I believe), Norse...can't think of the last one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• LOL..wow. You'd think he would. I do.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Jehovah is Jesus, the christian and jewish Messiah. Vishnu is the Hindu "Supreme God", Right? Odin if I remember correctly was the Father of the Gods from Norse Mythology. I don't have any idea about Ostra though. Unless you meant Odin and Ostra together in which case I still am clueless
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 11:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Ostra was a minor Welsh Fertility & Wisdom Goddess.
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The history of Our Lady of the Dawn, who is also known as Our Lady of Ostra Brama,Jehovah is a Christian name for Jesus/God,Odin is the Norse God and father of Thor or something(always changes), Vishnu is a Hindi God. So says my 14y/o when I asked. Hahahah
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• LOL I feel stupid I knew who Ostra was I just couldn't think of it. LOL Oh man I feel dumb.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 11:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Odin, the Wanderer" from wikipedia
    God of wisdom, war, battle, and death, and also magic, poetry, prophecy, victory, and the hunt. It looks like Ostra mans oyster.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 12:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2010