Does anyone know anything about Real Estate school?

Do you have to have a college education? If not, what kind of education do you need and how long does it take? Any info at all would be helpful!

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I live in IL and you only have to be 21 to take a one semester long class at your local community college. that's it. you have to pass the class with a C and pass the state exam.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You can take classes at a community college like first posting said, then you just have to pass a state exam and have your finger prints scanned.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I will be starting the next class which is in August. It will be: Pre-Exam Course- 12 evenings, MREP- 6 evenings. Both are $550.00. Google the real estate board in your state and that will tell you the requirements.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I am currently taking online classes now. 210 hours. Then I go in for the final exam to be licensed.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• It depends on your state. Call around to some of your local real estate companies and find out! I have my real estate license that I got years ago and I still take my continuing education classes to keep it current, just in case I ever need/want it. At the time, here in NC it was a short course (I think it was like 2 nights/week for 3 hours, for 3-4 months), but they have increased the requirements since then. And then I had to take an exam - which most people thought was hard, I was the first person finished and had no problems.

Answer by missanc at 7:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2010