Should I replace the dog?

I'm recently divorced and my husband took everything but our 6 children. he even took the family dog that our kids were in love with. should i try and replace the dog?

nyraerikson

Asked by nyraerikson at 11:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pets

• I would, and i'd let everyone pick it out.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• You have six children and are now a single parent. If you have room for a new dog and can afford a new dog after you have evaluated your new situation as a single parent then sure.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• pets can never be replaced..however, adding a new addition to the family could be great for the kids. i wouldnt get the same tye of dog tho, just so that the kids arent comparing the new dog to the old dog..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Awww..I'm so sorry. If you really want another dog yes I would replace it. Have fun picking one out!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Like the PP said, if you can afford it, go for it. Make a big deal of it. Go out with the kids to look at puppies, choose it and name it together, have a big puppy party. It's a hard time for everyone and I bet the whole family could use a happy memory!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Sure if it's not to much on you. It may help the kids deal a little better.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If YOU want another dog and you think you can handle one now that you've recently become a single mom of 6 then go for it! If you think adding a dog right now would just add stress to your situation then I would wait.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My first thought is "there's no replacing the dog".. You can get another one, let the family pick it out and help train and take care of it tho.. I think that would be a great idea.. Maybe it would help the kids learn a little bit of responsibility, you know?
    ElijahsMom211

Answer by ElijahsMom211 at 4:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2010