is a sharp pain in the pelvic vagina area normal at 37 weeks???

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• your babies head is getting ready to come out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• so yes?
    kaydee8

Comment by kaydee8 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• yes
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I remember feeling soreness down there. Not unbearable pain, just soreness. Actually, it felt like my pelvis was cracked right down the middle and it was going to bust open if I spread my legs to far! LOL! But I knew it was just loose ligaments so it didn't freak me out. I always reminded myself it was a good sign because my body was loosening up to let the baby through. I would say if it hurts just as bad when you lay down, or it keeps you from sleeping, that's too much pain and should be discussed with your doctor. Either way, talk to your doctor and they can reassure you.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes it is quite normal. In fact it will get more frequent the closer you get to your due date.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• it's your baby pushing down. it's normal
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• The pubic bone does seperate for birth. Your body may be preparing for birth since you are so far along. Call your Dr. and just mention.
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm 37 weeks as well, and had my weekly ob appt. yesterday. The doctor actually asked me if I was having sharp pains yet in that area, and I said, "Oh my god! Yes!! How did you know?!" Lol. He told me it's perfectly normal and that its a mixture of round ligament pains and the baby moving around hitting various nerves. So, no worries!! :)
    mandipandy07

Answer by mandipandy07 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010