Yeast Infections

So, I've never had one before...I googled, itch and burn in vagina and that's what came up. Its been a few days now..I tried the cream but that hasn't worked.
Today I started spotting even though my period is not due for another 10 days.
I haven't called the doc just because my copay is so dam high. Any advise? I know other than calling the doc?? Please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Health

• is it very small little spots of blood? It could be because of raw skin. I have had yeast infections so bad that I bleed from raw skin. If you can call your doctor and see if they can just send a prescription out for it, there is this one, single pill you take that will clear it right up. I have had a few yeast infections and if the creams do not work, that is what I do. Good luck and those things can really suck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• it may take a couple of days for the cream to work, if it is a yest infection. there is also a test you can buy that will tell you if it is a yeast infection or a bacterial infection. i don't know if it is really worth $20.
    for a yeast infection, you can help your body heal by cutting sugar, white carbs and alcohol out of your diet.
    you will benefit greatly by investing in a bottle of really good probiotics purchased from a health food store. they even make a blend for women. do not skimp on price and quality here. get them from the health food store, not a grocery or drug store.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If you have a doozy you may need to treat yourself again a second time with the over the counter cream. Are you using the Monistat...or just external cream? You need to make sure you are using the internal cream. Could you be pregnant? Yeast can be a sign of pregnancy...and spotting can be implantation bleeding. Just wondering. Eat lots of yogurt. Sleep with no panties to air yourself out. Avoid sitting in a wet bathing suit as this alone can cause a yeast if done regularly. Have you just finished a course of antibiotics? They can cause a yeast too. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Monistat 7 is the only thing that really works...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2010