ok tmi question

is it normal to be really sore down there after sex? i am 37 weeks.

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Well, most doctors recommend that you don't have sex after your 6 months pregnant, unless you are trying to induce labor. But it is VERY normal to feel sore and maybe even tender after sex when you are that far along. But if the pain gets unbearable you sould consult a physician.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 1:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I'm no obgyn but I think being sore is normal. u may be dryer than usual.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have never heard a no sex recommendation for any point in a pregnancy unless there are complications. But yes sore is normal, try using KY or having hubby be a little gentler on the lady parts lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• I have never heard that people should not have sex after month six. I have had three kids and always have been told that sex is safe as long as there is no risk for preterm labor. Even if there was, 37 weeks is considered full term, so she is fine to be having sex.

Anyway, lay down and rest, if the pain gets worse then call the doctor. Your cervix is getting ready for labor, so it is bound to be tender. I had that pain several times and rest helped it ease. If it does not go away then call the doc, but they are probably going to tell you that you are fine unless you are bleeding or contracting.

Good luck with your LO :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Pressure, stretching...oh yeah totally normal, but be careful having sex so far along. Just be gentle and go slow.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2010